Data Security Policy
Protecting your personal information
- To provide our services properly we’ll need to collect information about your personal and financial circumstances. We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to deliver our services.
- Processing of your personal data is necessary for the performance of our contract for services with you. Generally this is the lawful basis on which we intend to rely for the processing of your data. Our policy is to gather and process only that personal data which is necessary for us to conduct our services appropriately with you.
- Sometimes, we may need to pass your personal information to other organisations (e.g. if you apply to take out a financial product or service we’ll need to pass certain personal details to the product or service provider). Your personal information may be transferred electronically (e.g. by email or over the internet) and we, or any relevant third party, may contact you in future by what we believe to be the most appropriate means of communication at the time (e.g. telephone/email/letter etc.).
- The organisations to whom we may pass your details also have their own obligations to deal with your personal information appropriately. Sometimes a product or service may be administered from a country outside Europe. If this is the case, the firm must put a contract in place to ensure that your information is adequately protected.
- There are certain categories of personal data that are sensitive by nature. The categories include: data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership and data concerning health. Depending on the nature of the products and services that you engage us for we may need to obtain your sensitive personal data particularly in relation to health.
- As part of this agreement we’ll ask you to consent to the transfer of personal information in accordance with the protections outlined above.
- If you are concerned about any aspect of our privacy arrangements please speak to us.