- Financial Planning
- Estate Planning
- Employer Services
- Our People
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Referral Form
Investment Advice and Planning
Making the right decision about how best to invest your money is crucial if you want to generate the returns that will support the lifestyle you dream about. At True Bearing, we are here to provide high-quality investment advice to help make your money work hard for you, and achieve the financial goals you have set for yourself.
Our Independent Financial Advisers (IFAs) will work closely with you to review all of the investment options available, before creating a financial plan that helps you accomplish your lifelong ambitions.
Whether you are looking for a sustainable investment or guidance on a stocks and shares ISA, you can always place your trust in True Bearing to provide the very best investment planning advice.
We are a Chartered financial planning firm, making us one of the most qualified in the UK to provide you with advice on investments and we have invested over £569 million on behalf of our clients to date.
Get in touch with us today to book an introductory appointment at our expense. We’ll get to know you and your investment goals, allowing us to create a tailored plan that nurtures and protects your assets in the long term. We are here to help you enjoy the fruits of your investment for many years to come.
Our Investment Advice Services
At True Bearing, our IFAs are here to provide the right financial investment advice for you. We will help you understand all of your options and find the approach that will provide you with the opportunity for the best returns in the long term.
If you are considering any investment schemes or financial products, we can talk you through the pros, cons and potential risks, helping you make an educated decision about which will work best for you.
You can also receive investment planning advice from us on a wide range of topics, including:
- The value of your current assets and investments, and your personal goals and ambitions for how you would like your money to grow
- The advantages and disadvantages of each investment approach, and the ways we can help you to understand potential risks over time
- The ethical and sustainable investment options available to you, helping you invest with confidence in products that address environmental, social and corporate governance concerns
- Tax-efficient investing, including how to minimise the potential Inheritance Tax burden of your investments
We pride ourselves on our ongoing commitment to building a lasting relationship with our clients, meaning you will be able to review these financial plans with us regularly over time, putting you in a great place to get the strongest returns on your investments.
Our Ethical and Sustainable Investment Services
If you are a socially conscious investor, making sure your investment activity has a positive impact on society and the global environment will be just as important to you as the bottom-line returns. With a strong knowledge of this growing market, we can help you to invest in a cause that will do some real good in the world, while also helping you to make money.
At True Bearing, we understand just how important this decision is for you. All of our financial planners have been specifically trained to understand and guide you on these types of investment, and will help you select products that deliver on their financial and ethical promises.
You can learn more about our ethical and sustainable investment planning services here, or find out more about our commitments in this area by downloading our latest Good Investment Review.
How True Bearing Can Help You
At True Bearing, we pride ourselves on having a different ethos from other Independent Financial Advisory firms. We know you have worked hard to earn the money you want to invest, and will make sure you find a long-term investment approach to help that money grow over time.
As a Chartered financial planning firm, we rank among the top 15% of Independent Financial Advisory firms by qualifications in the UK, according to the CII. You can trust us to work confidentially and help you make the most of your investments, progressing at your pace to achieve the goals you have set for yourself.
Our investment planning advice is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, with full protection for our clients under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). What’s more, as a truly independent firm, we can access the whole of the market to find the most appropriate solution to your needs.
To find out more about how True Bearing can provide you with advice on investments throughout your working life and after retirement, get in touch with us today.
By speaking to us, you can arrange a one-to-one introductory meeting at our expense. This will give you an opportunity to discuss your financial means and goals with us, so that we can work out what kind of investment strategy will deliver the best returns for you.
Frequently asked questions about Investments
What is the difference between a high-risk and a low-risk investment?
All investments carry a certain degree of risk, but some present higher stakes than others, with a higher potential upside counterbalanced by a greater chance of significant losses.
- High-risk investments provide a larger percentage chance of under-performance, lost capital or a permanent loss of value, but often with a greater chance of significant growth
- Low-risk investments are safer and more secure, meaning they are more likely to perform in line with particular expectations. This ensures a lower chance of failure, but also a lesser likelihood of significant growth
Consult with your financial adviser to decide which investment approach is likely to deliver the best outcome for you, depending on your specific goals and appetite for risk.
What are investments?
The basic principle of investing is that you buy or put your money into something with the aim of getting a profitable return and therefore growing your money
What are the main types of investments?
There are four main types of investment, which can also be referred to as ‘asset classes’:
- Shares - this is when you buy a stake in a company
- Cash investments - these are the savings you put in a bank or building society account
- Property - this is when you invest in a physical building, whether commercial or residential
- Fixed interest securities (also called bonds) - this is when you loan your money to a company or government
Are investments safe?
Different types of investments have different risks and an Independent Financial Adviser can recommend ones that best meet your requirements.
Returns are never guaranteed but you can protect yourself from common investment scams by taking a few simple steps:
- Avoid unsolicited investment offers, such as that email that promises you great riches for a low investment.
- Before you invest, check the FCA register and warning list.
Finally, if you are considering an investment, speak to an Independent Financial Adviser for regulated investment planning advice.