- Financial Planning
- Estate Planning
- Employer Services
- Our People
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Referral Form
Individual and Business
Financial Protection Advice
If you have spent a lifetime saving your money sensibly, you deserve the very best financial protection (eg. Life Assurance, Income Protection) to help keep your finances safe and secure, regardless of what life throws at you. At True Bearing, we provide industry-leading financial protection advice for individuals and businesses to help achieve this peace of mind.
Our highly qualified Independent Financial Advisers (IFAs) recognise how important your money is to you, and will help to create a financial protection plan that safeguards what is really important to you.
We’re here to understand your ambitions, challenges and potential risks, and create a solution that provides stability and security for your family and career.
As a Chartered firm, we are among the most qualified financial advisory firms in the UK. That means you can rely on us to provide the independent and objective financial protection advice you need to feel reassured about your finances.
To start your financial planning journey with True Bearing, get in touch with us today to arrange a no-obligation introductory appointment at our expense. Telephone us on 01257 260011, or fill out our contact form to arrange for us to call you back.
The financial planners at True Bearing are knowledgeable about all aspects of protective financial services, and will help answer all of the questions you may have about the best ways of keeping your finances secure.
If you would like to know more about any of the following financial protection products, we can help you. Some examples are:
- Life assurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Business and corporate protection including key person cover
- Income protection
- Estate protection
You can also receive financial protection advice on various topics, including:
- Working out what kind of risks you should be protecting yourself against, and how to prioritise them
- Assessing the most suitable products and services from a wide range of providers, helping you select the option that gives you the greatest security
- Looking at how to structure your policies and terms to deliver the best possible value for your money
- Working with you in the long term to review your protection needs, ensuring that your coverage is updated to reflect your circumstances
Whether you are an individual looking to protect your family’s future or a business owner trying to safeguard your business, you will receive the very best advice from True Bearing, with a focus on delivering long-term security.
How True Bearing Can Help You
At True Bearing, our ethos is different from most other Independent Financial Advisory firms. We will always put you at the centre of what we do, building a lasting relationship with you to help you achieve lifelong financial security and stability.
As Chartered Financial Planners, we are ranked by the CII among the top 15% of Independent Financial Advisory firms by qualifications in the UK. Our highly trained local advisers can find you products and solutions that are not available directly to the general public, and will always treat you as an individual with your own personal goals and needs.
With more than 7,000 clients and a retention rate of over 99%, True Bearing can be your financial planning partner for years to come, working with you to keep your money safe and your future secure.
What level of financial protection do I need?
In order to determine what kind of financial protection you might need to safeguard your personal and business interests, it is worth asking yourself the following questions:
- How many of my family members are dependent on me financially?
- At what point can I expect my dependants to become financially self-sufficient?
- Are there fees that I am responsible for paying (such as school fees and nursing home fees) that would need to be covered if I was no longer able to pay them?
- Do I owe any debts (including mortgages and loan debts) that could not be covered by anyone else in my family?
- Do I have assets, income or investments that would be able to provide for my family if I was unable to work?
- Would my business be materially affected if I was unable to work for an extended period of time?
- Is my estate above the Nil Rate Band on death?
By carefully considering the answers to these questions and speaking to a qualified IFA, you should be able to form a clearer picture of the kind of financial protection you will need for maximum peace of mind.
To find out more about the comprehensive financial and income protection advice that True Bearing can provide, get in touch with us today.
We will arrange a no-obligation financial health check session at our expense, giving you an opportunity to work out what kind of protections you need and how we can help you put them in place.
Frequently asked questions about Financial Protection
What kind of financial protection measures are available to me?
Depending on your personal circumstances, a number of products and services may be available to help you protect your wealth and financial stability. These include:
- Life assurance - these products are designed to provide financial cover for your family and dependants in the event of your death. Life assurance policies can be used to protect your children and/or spouse by providing an income, clearing your debts and mortgage, and providing money for future needs such as higher education
- Critical illness insurance - this type of insurance will pay out if you suffer a critical illness, such as a heart attack, stroke or cancer, that affects your lifestyle or ability to work. Critical illness policies can be arranged in conjunction with life insurance, with payouts available as a lump sum or as a regular source of income
- Business and corporate protection - shareholder protection or partnership protection insurance can be obtained to protect the equity value a director or partner builds within their business, while key man insurance provides a payout to the business in the event of the death of a key employee or director
- Income protection - this form of cover provides you with an income after an agreed deferral period if you are unable to work through an illness or accident, with this income being paid until you recover, retire or die. Income protection can be arranged for groups of employees, and executives can be covered through personalised executive income protection
- Estate protection – protection planning can be a useful way of managing gifts from your estate, along with potential Inheritance Tax liabilities.
By speaking to an IFA, you should be able to make an educated decision about which type of financial protection will best suit your specific needs.
I’m young, fit and healthy, so why do I need financial protection?
When you’re young is when the impact of a life changing event such as serious illness or even death could be felt most if you have a family who are reliant on the income you bring in.
Many people have a mortgage or loan that would need to be repaid if you have died. If you became ill, your sick pay from work may not be sufficient to cover bills.
When is the best time to take out a protection policy?
When you're younger and healthier, you pose less risk to an insurer, which is why you’re likely to be offered the most affordable cover. Also remember, by the time you need to claim, it’s ALWAYS too late to take out a policy.
Why should I speak to a financial adviser about protection rather than DIY it?
An Independent Financial Adviser can use their knowledge and expertise to assess what would be the impact to you and your family if the worst happened. They can ensure that the policy you take out fully meets the needs and requirements of you and your family, so you are fully protected should you become unwell or die.